Celebrating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Luxembourg
The local Luxembourg community summit will be held virtually on October 21, and will include a program of workshops and panel discussions focusing on diversity best practices, from building a diverse community to professional development and diversity in the tech field.
During the event, we will hear from:
- Corinne Cahen - Luxembourg Minister for Family Affairs and Integration
- June Sarpong – Officer of the Order of the British Empire, TV Presenter, Diversity Expert & Award-Winning Author
- Lacina Koné – General Director of Smart Africa
- Maureen Lonergan - AWS Vice-President, Training & Certification
- Patrick Mushatsi-Kareba - Sony EU Chief Executive Officer
- Eloise N’takpe - Finance Manager, Broadstreet Luxembourg
- Jorrit Van der Meulen - Amazon Vice-President, EU Retail
- LaDavia Drane, Global Head of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, Amazon Web Services will moderate the discussion.
If you’d like to join Luxembourg’s Diversity in Motion conference, you can do so by registering here.
Our commitment to celebrating diversity
We commit in our everyday work to building a diverse and inclusive culture at Amazon and are always looking for new ways to make a positive impact for the long term. Our 2021 company-wide goals for diversity, equity, and inclusion focus on increasing diversity in our hiring, building the most inclusive work environment that we can, and ensuring equitable access for all.
Affinity groups at Amazon bring Amazon employees together across businesses and locations around the world through initiatives and events, among which are, to name a few: the celebrations of Pride month and International Women’s Day, bringing forward women empowerment with the HERoes Women Role Model Lists, or commemorating important moments for Black communities with the celebration of the Black History Month in EU. And we want to keep doing more. As pointed out by Beth Galetti, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Amazon: “We are committed to fostering a culture in which inclusion is the norm for all Amazonians.”
Read about our Leadership Principles, describe how Amazon does business, how leaders lead, and how we keep the customer at the center of our decisions. Our unique Amazon culture, described by our Leadership Principles, helps us relentlessly pursue our mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company, best employer, and safest place to work, while fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.